Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Mystic Cave Zone


Alright, I haven't posted in a long time so here's a new song! This song was composed by Masato Nakamura for Sonic the Hedgehog 2. The guy really know how to use the bass to create a really catchy and groovy beat. It's also remarkable all the different sound he mixes together and how he still gets this really cohesive sound out of it in the end.

I wish they would stick to this kind of music for future sonic games but they switched to this punk rock  sound since Sonic adventure. Don't get me wrong, I mostly enjoy the new soundtracks (some of those songs might actually end up here eventually) but I just find that the Genesis Sonic soundtrack represent the series better. Then again, with the gameplay change, it's a bit harder to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment